Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

although created with ringtone template, the file is saving as .band and not .m4r when sharing to iTunes

Although the project was created with GarageBand's ringtone template from music purchased through the iTunes Store, the GarageBand project file is saving with the .band extension and not the .m4r extension when shared to iTunes, making it impossible to import into iPhone through iTunes.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 8:11 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 14, 2018 3:15 PM in response to léonie

Turns out the .m4r files were landing in the Import folder within the iTunes Music folder. Once I discovered this it was easy to get the ringtones to my iPhone 5. I copied the .m4r files from the Import folder to the Tones folder and pasted copies into the iPhone’s Tones folder while connected to iTunes by USB to MacBook Pro.

FYI - I am running iTunes version 12.7.3.46 on the MacBook and iOS 10.3.3 on the iPhone.

although created with ringtone template, the file is saving as .band and not .m4r when sharing to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.