Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

turning iCloud photo off

I have all my photos stored in Photo for iMac.

If I turn off iCloud Photo, will all the photos stay on my Mac? And won't be erased from my Mac?

Thanks anyone.

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 9:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 12:33 AM

The last paragraph "Stop using iCloud Photo Library" on this help page explains how to turn off iCloud Photo Library safely:

Use iCloud Photo Library to store photos in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

5 replies

Mar 13, 2018 9:40 PM in response to thenao

Are you asking about iCloud Photo Library? If so on your Mac do you have optimized photos or are the full resolution photos downloaded to your Mac

If you are talking about ICPL and if you have the full resolution originals on your mac and if the statue is updated just now then turning ICPL off will not affect Photos on your Mac

LN

Mar 13, 2018 9:39 PM in response to Limnos

Thank you Limnos. I could not find anything on those links about that confirms that photos in my Mac's Photo will not be touched.

The photos were cleared from my iPhone once I turned of the iCloud Photo Library.

(I have a back up on two other external locations).

I just do not know if the photos in Mac's Photo are safe from being erased once the Cloud Photo Library closes.

My hunch says yes as Cloud Photo Library has already been off on my Mac....

turning iCloud photo off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.