Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Application Support

Morning, Afternoon, or Evening (Where ever you are) Apple Community! I'm trying to download my iTunes again after I had to reset my Lenovo to its Factory settings due to a program cutting out of my sound from the computer. I just got around to downloading iTunes once again, but it's refusing to download. Every time I try to download it, it pops up with "Apple Application Support has been unsuccessful in downloading" or something along the lines of that. I tried looking for another Apple file in my computer since I thought a duplicate file was messing with it, but one does not exist. Is there a known troubleshoot around this that's quick and easy or is it quite complicated to fix? Thanks!

Computer: Lenovo 710 2-in-1 15.6"
Processor: 7th Gen i5

RAM: 8GB

Storage: 256 SSD
Processing Speed: 2.5 ghz

Operating System: Windows 10

null-OTHER, Windows 10, Lenovo Yoga 710

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 10:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 10:08 AM

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Right-click on the setup file and run the installer as administrator. In some cases you may also need to disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus software while installing. A couple of users found they had to uninstall their AV, disabling wasn't sufficient.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2018 10:08 AM in response to EdgarB_

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Right-click on the setup file and run the installer as administrator. In some cases you may also need to disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus software while installing. A couple of users found they had to uninstall their AV, disabling wasn't sufficient.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Apple Application Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.