Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do u free up other space on your iPhone

I have a iPhone 7 Plus 32G and I am having space issues. U have deleted most of my apps but it’s still showing at capacity. The question is how Tom free up other space

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 12:23 AM

1 reply

Mar 14, 2018 1:47 PM in response to ernestfromsilverspring

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, ernestfromsilverspring.
If I understand your post correctly, you are trying to delete the Other storage on your iPhone. I'd like to help.
Check out this information on iPhone storage:

About cached files in "Other" iOS storage

Cached files are created when you stream or view content like music, videos, and photos. When you stream music or video, that content is stored as cached files on your iOS device so you can quickly access it again. iTunes categorizes cached music, videos, and photos as Other instead of actual songs, videos, or photos.

Your iOS device automatically removes cached files and temporary files when your device needs more space.

If storage on an iOS device differs from what you see in iTunes

Since iTunes categorizes cached files as Other, reported usage for Music or Videos might differ. To view usage on your iOS device, go to Settings > General > [Device] Storage.

If you want to delete the cached files from your iOS device

Your iOS device automatically deletes cached files and temporary files when it needs more space. You don't need to delete them yourself.

See the full article here:
How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

How do u free up other space on your iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.