Related Article

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: If I import a picture on my macbook can I delete it from my iphone without losing it from the macbook?

i imported pictures from my iphone using a usb cable and I want to know if I can delete them from my phone now. If I delete them from my iphone Will I still have them on my macbook or they will be deleted from there too?

Also my camera roll pictures are not in chronological order anymore and I don’t know how that happened and how to get them back to normal

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 14, 2018 1:51 AM in response to roxana07 In response to roxana07

You will need to turn off iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone in Settings app. Launch Settings app > scroll down to locate Photos > toggle off iCloud Photo Library.

From now on the changes don’t sync, you can delete photos from your iPhone permanently.

Mar 14, 2018 1:51 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 14, 2018 2:00 AM in response to copberry In response to copberry

Okay thank you, but why do all my iphone albums show up on my macbook in the section “my albums” apart from the most recent photos that I could not find not even when I had the iPhone connected to the Mac? All of them are also together in “my photo stream” 😑

Mar 14, 2018 2:00 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 14, 2018 7:21 AM in response to roxana07 In response to roxana07

My Photo Stream is different from iCloud Photo library. My guess is that it hasn't been loaded yet, or turned off on Mac at all. You can check this in System Preferences > iCloud > Photos > Options and make sure the tick is there, next to My Photo Stream.

Mar 14, 2018 7:21 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: roxana07

Question: If I import a picture on my macbook can I delete it from my iphone without losing it from the macbook?