Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Cannot connect to apple server in order to log in to macbook

I forgot my macbook password, so it prompted me to reboot in recovery mode. Realized I had forgotten my apple ID password, so I reset it on my phone. Then, once reset, I tried to input it into my macbook air in recovery startup mode so I could change my macbook password. It says “there was an error in connecting to the Apple server”.

So now I’ve changed my apple id password, but can’t use it to change my login on my macbook. What to do?

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 14, 2018 12:05 AM in response to piercefromseattle In response to piercefromseattle

Can you get into the pro? If you can go directly to home page where the App Store icon is and click on it, then try to log in that way, if not then you will have to change you password again and make sure the Pro is a trusted device.

Mar 14, 2018 12:05 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 14, 2018 12:09 AM in response to seephtheruler In response to seephtheruler

The pro? Not sure what you mean. I can’t get into anything. I could get into my guest account, which won’t help. I need to be able to get into my main account on my macbook. Any ideas? I tried the reset with COMMAND+R on the logon screen and typing RESETPASSWORD into the utilities terminal, it just opens the rest password menu again, which STILL says “there was an error connecting to the Apple ID server”. Its a circle that’s not getting me anywhere.

Mar 14, 2018 12:09 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: piercefromseattle

Question: Cannot connect to apple server in order to log in to macbook