Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Osx bluetooth serial connection

Hi

Hope someone can help....

I have a 3D printer with Arduino Due board with serial in/out (tx/rx).

I have tried 3 different bluetooth boards, HC-05, HC-06 and HM-10 (BLE 4.0), and tried to get communication between printer and my iMac 5K.

I can pair the device (HC-05) and establish a connection, but no communication.

I have tried to connect the printer with a laptop pc, and can see that the module make 2 bluetooth channels, on a pc as 2 com ports. I guess it is one channel for each way of communication.

I thought that it has something with the bluetooth class to do, as OSX don't know it is a 2 way communication.

I therefor setup the HC-05 with AT commands to be a computer in major class and handheld in sub class, that means that OSX/iMac should communicate with other computer (2 way communication).

I connect to iMac again and verify that the class is now computer/handheld, og it is!

The module name is 3Dprint and has 2 channels, 3Dprint and 3Dprint devB.

I can see that OSX/iMac connect to 3Dprint devB, so only one channel, not 2 way communication.......

The same problem is on the laptop pc. It only connect to one com port (channel).

The programs for using the 3D printer, can only select one com port for 2 way communication, not 2 individual.....

I also tried with the HM-10 BLE 4.0 device, that was not better.....

Do anybody know, how to get this communication up running as 2 way communication?

Is there any place on mac, I can change the way the bluetooth works, 1 way, 2 way?

On/in terminal?

Hope for help

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 1:03 AM

There are no replies.

Osx bluetooth serial connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.