Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How to stop Safari reopening last web page?

When I launch Safari, it reopens the last web page I visited the last time I used Safari. This is rarely useful. Usually, I want to visit a different web page or do a new search, so having to stop this "return to where you left off" behavior is inefficient and annoying. Does anyone know how to force Safari to always open a fresh, blank tab when launched? As far as I can tell, other browsers behave exactly the same way, so simply abandoning Safari hasn't solved the problem.

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 15, 2018 7:15 AM in response to Daniel Holt2 In response to Daniel Holt2

The only thing that I can think of is to close all your tabs prior to leaving Safari. Whether wanting to go to a new page or doing a new search, I just tap the address bar for the page that's already open. This would be the same behavior if a "fresh, blank tab" was there when I open Safari. You can always submit feedback if it's something you would like to see changed.

Product Feedback - Apple

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 15, 2018 7:15 AM in response to Daniel Holt2 In response to Daniel Holt2

The only thing that I can think of is to close all your tabs prior to leaving Safari. Whether wanting to go to a new page or doing a new search, I just tap the address bar for the page that's already open. This would be the same behavior if a "fresh, blank tab" was there when I open Safari. You can always submit feedback if it's something you would like to see changed.

Product Feedback - Apple

Mar 15, 2018 7:15 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: Daniel Holt2

Question: How to stop Safari reopening last web page?