Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I safely charge a MacBook Pro 2016 with 49W ?

Can I safely charge a MacBook Pro retina 2016 no touch bar with a hub delivering 49W ?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 4:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 8:19 AM

From: Find the right power adapter and cable for your Mac notebook - Apple Support

"Power adapters for Mac notebooks are available in 29W, 45W, 60W, 61W, 85W, and 87W varieties. You should use the appropriate wattage power adapter for your Mac notebook. You can use a compatible higher wattage adapter without issue, but it won't make your computer charge faster or operate differently. Lower wattage adapters don't provide enough power.

MagSafe power adapters have three pieces: Connector and adapter, AC cable, and the AC plug, or "duckhead."

MacBook (2015 and later) comes with an Apple 29W USB-C Power Adapter with duckhead and a USB-C Charge Cable. MacBook Pro (2016 and later) comes with an Apple 61W or 87W USB-C Power Adapter with duckhead and a USB-C Charge Cable."

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2018 8:19 AM in response to simone781

From: Find the right power adapter and cable for your Mac notebook - Apple Support

"Power adapters for Mac notebooks are available in 29W, 45W, 60W, 61W, 85W, and 87W varieties. You should use the appropriate wattage power adapter for your Mac notebook. You can use a compatible higher wattage adapter without issue, but it won't make your computer charge faster or operate differently. Lower wattage adapters don't provide enough power.

MagSafe power adapters have three pieces: Connector and adapter, AC cable, and the AC plug, or "duckhead."

MacBook (2015 and later) comes with an Apple 29W USB-C Power Adapter with duckhead and a USB-C Charge Cable. MacBook Pro (2016 and later) comes with an Apple 61W or 87W USB-C Power Adapter with duckhead and a USB-C Charge Cable."

can I safely charge a MacBook Pro 2016 with 49W ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.