Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A very slow external hard drive after the High Sierra10.13.3 Update

when I downloaded the10.13.3 Update my external hard drive becomes extremely slow it tacks me more than 10 seconds to open a folder and many more when saving a file, its been couple weeks now and I don't know what to do! plz help :)

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 5:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 9:10 AM

I'm having a very similiar problem. I won't get started in my RAID enclosure issues, BUT my external drives that ran at 80/90MB/s on 10.12.4 are only running at 40MB's now. As a pro video editor thats unacceptable. My Thunderbolt drives that ran at 220MB/s are down to 180MB/s

My RAID used to run at 250MB/s via USB on my old MacPro and now refuses to run via USB at all on my $8000 iMac Pro (10.13.3) Via firewire and adapters it's down to 20MB/s.

This is all on Apple and is beyond unacceptable.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2018 9:10 AM in response to mary_alfatimia

I'm having a very similiar problem. I won't get started in my RAID enclosure issues, BUT my external drives that ran at 80/90MB/s on 10.12.4 are only running at 40MB's now. As a pro video editor thats unacceptable. My Thunderbolt drives that ran at 220MB/s are down to 180MB/s

My RAID used to run at 250MB/s via USB on my old MacPro and now refuses to run via USB at all on my $8000 iMac Pro (10.13.3) Via firewire and adapters it's down to 20MB/s.

This is all on Apple and is beyond unacceptable.

Mar 15, 2018 10:54 AM in response to macjack

Cool, thanks for the link. I tried actually talking to them (in a very calm and reasonable tone) more about my issue and what I found with it working but I got transferred to a dead extension on 2 separate occasions. I asked to speak with the person who was in charge of my case as well and got transferred to another dead extension. I feel like I touched on a nerve and the more I look through the depths of the internet I'm finding not only USB issues but USB HW RAID issues with 10.13 from a lot of folks in my situation.

Anyways, thanks for the link. I'll email them in hopes this gets addressed.

A very slow external hard drive after the High Sierra10.13.3 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.