Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How do I create a second email address ?

I want to create a second email address so that email relating to a business does not go into my private email box. I know we used to be able to create alias for this but Apple stopped it

I don't want to create a new Apple ID, password two stage authentication again. I want to keep it as simple as possible.

Any solutions please.

Thank you

Rick

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), Macbook Pro, iPad, iPhone 6+, Watch

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 14, 2018 5:56 AM in response to RickAu In response to RickAu

Go to iCloud.com/Mail, click on the gear at the bottom left, and then select Preferences. Then click Accounts. You can add an alias there. All e-mails addressed to any iCloud e-mail address will end up in the iCloud inbox unless you create a rule to place them somewhere else.

iCloud - Create or change email aliases

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 14, 2018 5:56 AM in response to RickAu In response to RickAu

Go to iCloud.com/Mail, click on the gear at the bottom left, and then select Preferences. Then click Accounts. You can add an alias there. All e-mails addressed to any iCloud e-mail address will end up in the iCloud inbox unless you create a rule to place them somewhere else.

iCloud - Create or change email aliases

Mar 14, 2018 5:56 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Mar 14, 2018 6:05 AM in response to RickAu In response to RickAu

You are welcome. Based on my experience, all iCloud e-mails go to the iCloud inbox. You could create a rule in Mail/Preferences/Rules to direct the e-mail to the desired inbox. In the screen shot below, put the alias address in the To contains line and where 'No mailbox selected' shows, choose the desired inbox.

User uploaded file

Mar 14, 2018 6:05 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: RickAu

Question: How do I create a second email address ?