Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I feel like someone is in my phone. I don’t seem to be able to find it. Why am I connected in charlotte if I live in benson. Also I wonder if spyware has been installed

I have tried looking for spyware app installed

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 9:15 AM

a non jailbroken iOS device can not be hacked because any App to do so would need to be sold on Apple's App Store and iOS development tools programmers use to create Apps and sell through the store don't have features to allow spyware.

If you are seeing an authentication request on your device that does not coincide with your physical location that is very common. The location has to do with your ISP's server location. I'm in Charlotte NC but I routinely see Bangor ME, Portland OR and Houston TX on various systems at work who use different provider connection but are connected through my account, all of these location are legitimate locations. The 2FA is seeing the servers of my ISP, not my device.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2018 9:15 AM in response to laurafrombenson

a non jailbroken iOS device can not be hacked because any App to do so would need to be sold on Apple's App Store and iOS development tools programmers use to create Apps and sell through the store don't have features to allow spyware.

If you are seeing an authentication request on your device that does not coincide with your physical location that is very common. The location has to do with your ISP's server location. I'm in Charlotte NC but I routinely see Bangor ME, Portland OR and Houston TX on various systems at work who use different provider connection but are connected through my account, all of these location are legitimate locations. The 2FA is seeing the servers of my ISP, not my device.

I feel like someone is in my phone. I don’t seem to be able to find it. Why am I connected in charlotte if I live in benson. Also I wonder if spyware has been installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.