Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud storage/iPhone storage discrepancy?

I'm experimenting with iCloud storage (the free 5g) to save space on my iPhone. It's not working for me because I want to get the photos into Photos, but I can't sync my Photos library with iCloud because it has years' worth of photos and videos. So I decided to download my photos back to my iPhone so I can move them into my Photos library via syncing to the Photos app. I have 10 gigs free on my iPhone, and my iCloud library has 4.8 gigs of photos in it. But when I change my settings on my iPhone to download the photos, iPhone says I don't have room to download them. Any idea whats up with that?

iPhone SE, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 7:11 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 14, 2018 1:25 PM in response to zinacef

Thanks. I think maybe my explanation wasn't clear. Optimize Phone Storage is currently on; my photos only reside on iCloud. I want to turn off iCloud storage and download my photos from iCloud to my iPhone photos app. There are 4.8 gigs of photos in iCloud, and I have 10 gigs of space on my iPhone, so it seems like I can do that. However, when I try to turn off iCloud and download my photos, my iPhone tells me I need 5 more gigs of space. Wondering what I'm missing, as it looks like I have more than twice as much free space on my phone as I have photos on iCloud.

iCloud storage/iPhone storage discrepancy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.