Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

image numbers in iphoto

On my previous mac mini, Iphoto displayed the image number below each photo. Now I can find no way to access the image numbers without clicking 'get info' for each one individually. This takes multiple extra steps and slows down my work, and is a real pain in the neck! I need to reference these numbers quickly in reports and in sharing between multiple staffers. How can I fix this? Also, when I click to advance between photos, the "motion" swipe makes me a little nauseous. I would prefer it if just went to the next photo automatically without the photos seeming to be in motion.

Mac mini, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 8:16 AM

2 replies

Mar 14, 2018 8:20 AM in response to scd615

You are talking about the title - iPhoto set the title to the file name on import Photos does not - you enable viewing the title in the View menu ==> metadata and check Title plus any other desired Metadata you want to view - you can set the title to the file name using one of these user scripts - : Script: Batch Changing the Titles to the Filename w/Extension or Script: Changing the Title to the Filename without Extension - and if you prefer Old Toad has complied these scripts into applications available from his web site - http://www.oldtoadstutorials.net/No.P01.html

LN

Mar 14, 2018 8:27 AM in response to scd615

On my previous mac mini, Iphoto displayed the image number below each photo.

iPhoto is still showing the filenames with the image numbers below the thumbnails.

Are you now using Photos for Mac instead of iPhoto?

Photos will not use the filenames as the default title. You have to copy the filenames to the title field, if you want to see them in the browser below the thumbnails. You could run an Apple Script to copy the filenames for several selected photos at once to the title.

See: : Script: Batch Changing the Titles to the Filename w/Extension

Then enable to show the titles in the View Menu: View > Metadata > Titles.

To minimize the motion consider to change the System Preferences > Accessibility > Display: enable "Minimize Motion".

image numbers in iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.