Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Choose wifi network from control center

I find myself digging through screens to change my WiFi network.

It would be far more convenient if I could swipe up to Control Center and use the WiFi button not only to turn off/on WiFi but also to choose which network to join.

iPhone 8, iOS 11.2.5, Pick WiFi network in Control Center

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 10:58 AM

Sure, but the same is true for many of the shortcuts in the Control Center. For me, it would be easier and more convenient to press and hold the WiFi button, opening a menu of WiFi signals, much the same as the flashlight or screen dimmer.

Yes it may not save many steps, but it would make it easier for me. I reset the WiFi frequently to join a printer network anytime I need to print at home. Especially since I can't add my PC to the home network for security reasons. Instead I save the doc to Dropbox and print from my iPhone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2018 10:58 AM in response to Ale.Bru

Sure, but the same is true for many of the shortcuts in the Control Center. For me, it would be easier and more convenient to press and hold the WiFi button, opening a menu of WiFi signals, much the same as the flashlight or screen dimmer.

Yes it may not save many steps, but it would make it easier for me. I reset the WiFi frequently to join a printer network anytime I need to print at home. Especially since I can't add my PC to the home network for security reasons. Instead I save the doc to Dropbox and print from my iPhone.

Mar 14, 2018 9:32 AM in response to Movingwater

Movingwater wrote:

I find myself digging through screens to change my WiFi network.

It would be far more convenient if I could swipe up to Control Center and use the WiFi button not only to turn off/on WiFi but also to choose which network to join.

Product Feedback - Apple

How is going to settings - wifi - digging through screens? Would be the same steps as swiping up the control center - hitting the wifi icon and selecting the wifi.

Regardless you can let Apple know with the link I gave you.

Mar 20, 2018 10:43 AM in response to Movingwater

Hello Movingwater,

Thanks for using Apple Communities.

As the control center is like a panel buttons switch, it does not show a list for choosing wifi networks. But you can make it easier if you ask siri for open Wifi preferences, so you won't need to navigate over the screens.

With regards,

Alefe ****

[Personal Information Edited by Host]

Choose wifi network from control center

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.