Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbookpro 16 Go RAM always full

I wonder why my MacBookPro RAM is always full once open mac I find 8/16Go I don't know what's happening

is Apple do that to make us buy a new mac as iPhone or what?

I hope you can help me

when open emulator and android studio: 1GB-300MB left

when I open just Emulator: 1GB-300MB left

when closing all program "After clearing RAM and waiting for 5 min": 2Go left

when open chrome :1GB-300MB left

I wonder about this behavior

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), 15 inch

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 11:51 AM

8 replies

Mar 14, 2018 11:56 AM in response to abellaismail

The new way is for Mac to use all available RAM. Unused RAM is wasted RAM.

Look at your Activity Monitor.app for memory pressure in the red—this will be more insightful.

Use Activity Monitor on your Mac - Apple Support

The take home lesson don't try to micro manage RAM usage.

Since 10.9.x OS X 10.9 Mavericks: The Ars Technica Review | Ars Technica

Mar 14, 2018 12:08 PM in response to abellaismail

I suggest you use the program created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. It will provide a snapshot of your system which we can analyze to possibly determine the cause of your problem. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Mar 14, 2018 1:23 PM in response to abellaismail

What are you using to read the RAM usage? Some of those third-party "memory management" programs are unreliable.

If your computer is slow it could be due to unneeded third-party software. That is a major cause of "slow Mac" reports in these forums. We can check for known troublemakers if you post a configuration snapshot. Fortunately there is a safe and secure way to do that.

A respected and long-serving member of these communities has created a simple utility that will take a "snapshot" of your configuration without revealing any sensitive information about you and your computer. It is Etrecheck, and is available here:

http://etrecheck.com/

Run it, scroll down the left-hand pane and select Report" and, when its report displays, click the "Share Report" icon and then "Copy Report" from the resulting dropdown. Paste the entire report into a response to your own thread here. It will often allow us to quickly identify or eliminate software as the problem.

my macbookpro 16 Go RAM always full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.