Related Article

How to edit photos on your Mac

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: If a photo in "Portrait" mode with blurred background was edited in 3rd party app (Photoshop) then after saving in Photoshop, "Portrait" mode disappears, background becomes normal. What I should to do to save "Portrait" mode after editing in 3rd app?

macOS High Sierra 10.13.3

Photos 3.0

Photoshop CC 2018

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 14, 2018 9:32 AM in response to Robustez In response to Robustez

You could only do that if you have a third party application that understands Portrait mode - and possibly you can export the portrait mode photo "burning" the effect into the exported photo and then edit the exported photo

LN

Mar 14, 2018 9:32 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 14, 2018 9:50 AM in response to Robustez In response to Robustez

I am duplicating the Portrait mode photo before using the external editor, so I will still have the original portrait.

And then I am calling the external editor as a Photo Editing extension from Photos. It will get the photo passed with the depth effect already applied.

User uploaded file

Mar 14, 2018 9:50 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Robustez

Question: If a photo in "Portrait" mode with blurred background was edited in 3rd party app (Photoshop) then after saving in Photoshop, "Portrait" mode disappears, background becomes normal. What I should to do to save "Portrait" mode after editing in 3rd app?