Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone making chirping noise from safari

Sometimes when im listening to music and just using my phone to play games I notice that whatever music im listening to gets stopped and a loud chirping noise plays. At first I thought this was from the gameI was playing so I ignored it until I noticed it would happen to random apps. It happened yesterday again but this time I was able to swipe up the control centre (because it stoped my music) and I saw where it was coming from.

I quickly took a screenshot and a screen recording of it. User uploaded file

It says its coming from a website but im not sure what it is. I went on the website and its just an MP3 playing of the exact noise i keep hearing. Does anyone know what this is? Did I download something and its doing this? I closed all of my safari tabs and cleared my cache and turned my phone off and on and even updated it to ios 11.2.6 but nothings helping.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 10:33 AM

5 replies

Mar 14, 2018 11:24 AM in response to karanfromcanada

from > i keep getting a popup message/ purchase of this item is not currently available.

settings>safari>advanced>website data - delete all website data.

[ I don't have an iDevice = I am using Google to search - this time with these terms > popup persists on iphone < ]

if I VISIT > ultraprizehere.cricket < I get a "chirp chirp" sound - more like a metallic sound, but that doesn't matter)

Facebook Free Spins <( = TAB "title" )

edited out the live link

THIS is what they want you to SEE

User uploaded file

Mar 14, 2018 10:59 AM in response to karanfromcanada

This domain was registered on 15 Feb 2018 - along with 29 other "___.cricket " domains

".cricket" top level domain was created for cricket, the game, enthusiasts ("____.baseball" domain is an American game analogy)

CRICKET domains registered on 02/15/2018 - page 1 - NEWLY.DOMAINS

http://newly.domains/20180215-95

filtered from

All domains registered on 02/15/2018 - page 3 - NEWLY.DOMAINS

http://newly.domains/20180215-all?page=3

You seem to be getting a Safari popup - what their purpose is in playing a silly sound is beyond me

How to block pop-ups in Safari - Apple Support

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Safari and turn on Block Pop-ups and Fraudulent Website Warning.

iPhone making chirping noise from safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.