Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m trying to update my Apple id and it wont allow me to use the email i want because it says its my notification email so i removed that email and tried to switch it and it still will not allow me to change it. what can i do?

Apple ID issues

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 10:19 AM

2 replies

Mar 14, 2018 10:21 AM in response to rachaelfromomaha

Apparently Apple won't let you use any email addresses you have previously used for anything:

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - https://support.apple.com/HT204169 "This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues." Better for directly reporting an issue.

I’m trying to update my Apple id and it wont allow me to use the email i want because it says its my notification email so i removed that email and tried to switch it and it still will not allow me to change it. what can i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.