Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am using iphone 8 plus..and it is a week old...at night time in standby battery is draining around 1-2% even though background refresh is off...reducing 1 or 2% is it usual??

Iphone 8 plus

Ios 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 10:38 AM

2 replies

Mar 15, 2018 8:42 AM in response to jaya065

Hi there, jaya065.

Congratulations on your new iPhone 8 Plus! I see that you have some questions regarding battery usage when your iPhone isn't being used. At night, the battery level drops 1-2% even with Background App Refresh turned off. I'm happy to help.

About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- Follow the steps in this article to determine which application(s) or service(s) are using the most power.

Batteries - Maximizing Performance -- This article contains great general and specific steps you can take to maximize the battery life of your iPhone. Don't neglect "Tips for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch" for steps specific for your iPhone. After you apply any step, test your device's battery for a bit and report back your findings.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

I am using iphone 8 plus..and it is a week old...at night time in standby battery is draining around 1-2% even though background refresh is off...reducing 1 or 2% is it usual??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.