Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Hidden photos missing from albums

I agree with Jon. I wish apple would bring back the functionality of being able to FILE hidden photos into albums. I organize my projects that way, and now they all show up in my feed, and if I'm not top of filing them into albums, I can't tell which ones I've filed and which I haven't. I don't care what they call it, but I wish they would bring back the functionality that hidden photos used to provide.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 14, 2018 10:01 AM in response to greengirl345 In response to greengirl345

On a Mac with High Sierra, use keywords and smart albums to file your hidden photos.

In a smart album with the rule "Photo is Hidden", the hidden photos will still be showing.

For example, to create an album with hidden photos with birds, I would use these rules:

User uploaded file

You can then move photos between albums by changing the keywords. A further advantage would be, that the keywords are showing in the Info panel and you see, which smart album a photo is in.

But hiding has the big disadvantage, that Photos will no longer show the location. You have to unhide the photo to its location.

Mar 14, 2018 10:01 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: greengirl345

Question: Hidden photos missing from albums