Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hidden photos missing from albums

I agree with Jon. I wish apple would bring back the functionality of being able to FILE hidden photos into albums. I organize my projects that way, and now they all show up in my feed, and if I'm not top of filing them into albums, I can't tell which ones I've filed and which I haven't. I don't care what they call it, but I wish they would bring back the functionality that hidden photos used to provide.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 9:52 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 14, 2018 10:01 AM in response to greengirl345

On a Mac with High Sierra, use keywords and smart albums to file your hidden photos.

In a smart album with the rule "Photo is Hidden", the hidden photos will still be showing.

For example, to create an album with hidden photos with birds, I would use these rules:

User uploaded file

You can then move photos between albums by changing the keywords. A further advantage would be, that the keywords are showing in the Info panel and you see, which smart album a photo is in.

But hiding has the big disadvantage, that Photos will no longer show the location. You have to unhide the photo to its location.

Hidden photos missing from albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.