Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Possible to export messages from Apple Mail folder to someone with a PC?

Hi,

I have very old messages in my Apple Mail that came from old email addresses that no longer work. I have folders specific to certain events - for example - "Circus" that I would like to send to my employee who has a PC.

I want her to create a spreadsheet that contains info from every email saved in the Circus folder.

I'd like to do that rather than printing out each individual email for her to pull info from and then manually add to the spreadsheet.

Is there a good way to do this electronically?

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 14, 2018 11:04 AM in response to Sheila Anderson1 In response to Sheila Anderson1

Greetings Sheila,

Thanks for posting your scenario. The Apple Mailboxes Inbox, Sent, etc. on the left are exported as .mbox files. If the PC supports .mbox files then this process can be done. If the PC does not support .mbox files then this process cannot be done automatically.

Mar 14, 2018 11:04 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Sheila Anderson1

Question: Possible to export messages from Apple Mail folder to someone with a PC?