Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop spam on apple mail

I am receiving a lot of spam. How do I find a list of senders that I can block?

iPad, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply
7 replies

Mar 14, 2018 8:34 PM in response to ljoiner

Open mail and its preferences .

Check the box of perform custom actions and click on advanced .

User uploaded file

Click on drop down arrows of sender is not in my previous list and then select sender is in my previous list .

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

And click on ok , if any junk mails that are coming from known senders will directly move to junk folder .

Or you can use more refined method , click on edit header list .

User uploaded file

And type the mail address ( from field or click on plus sign to create rules for it ) and click on ok .

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Mar 14, 2018 12:41 PM in response to ljoiner

By now, your email account has circulated in the spam organizations, and there is no stopping the spam, unless you delete your email account, and start using an entirely new one that you never use outside of personal friends. As soon as you use an email account online for any purchase, membership, or download access — it is subject to illicit use, whether sold, shared, or stolen. Privacy policies are the feel-good bait to get your email.

The spam houses use networked servers in multiple countries, randomly change their domain and IP addresses, and randomly use fabricated names in email From: fields. Additionally, some have hi-jacked, unsuspecting, legitimate servers around the world that they use to forward their spam to you. Because of this continuously changing information, you will never entirely block spam, or ever obtain a complete list of spam sources.

Mar 14, 2018 5:34 PM in response to ljoiner

You don't stop spam you manage it.

There typically is server side filtering and client side filtering.

Most server will allow you to log into there Spam filtering and allow you to make changes affecting your account.

Client side is you on your machine. Above links are for Junk mail management. If it is no enough consider a third party Spam Filter software, like SpamSieve. Worth its weight in gold. A one time purchase and updates regularly.

https://c-command.com/spamsieve/

How do I stop spam on apple mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.