Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 9.7 Start Up Issue

So this morning I went to use my iPad and it wouldn't turn on. So I thought perhaps the battery drained cause I didn't plug it in last night. So I plugged it in and let it charge for a few hours and tried to turn it on again and no dice.

Next step was I went and changed power cords and wall plugs to see if that was the issue. No good.

Tried doing the home and wake/sleep button at the same time for a force reboot. Nothing

Tried plugging into a PC holding wake and then holding home. No dice.

Any other ideas? Its only 2 years old and seems very strange for this to just die and not turn on. No damage to it, no drops. Had a smart case on it from apple but thats it.

I am hoping there is a way to fix it or that its just a battery but the only apple store in the area is booked out 4+ weeks.

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 3:23 PM

Hello rprentice84,

Thanks for using Apple Communities.

You have followed most of the steps for troubleshooting your device. You can check for particles or debris in lightning connector by cleaning it with a clean and dry brush. Also you must look your lightning to USB cable for make sure it's not damaged. If any of the pins are green, or black, it means oxidation and the cable might need to be replaced. If it's ok, then you need to go at an Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service provider.

With regards

Alefe Bruno

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2018 3:23 PM in response to rprentice84

Hello rprentice84,

Thanks for using Apple Communities.

You have followed most of the steps for troubleshooting your device. You can check for particles or debris in lightning connector by cleaning it with a clean and dry brush. Also you must look your lightning to USB cable for make sure it's not damaged. If any of the pins are green, or black, it means oxidation and the cable might need to be replaced. If it's ok, then you need to go at an Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service provider.

With regards

Alefe Bruno

Mar 14, 2018 3:23 PM in response to Ale.Bru

Tried cleaning out the connector, everything was good there. Looked over all the cords and no signs of any issues, still no dice.

I looked at the repair by mail options for it and i can do either the $99 battery or $379 unit replacement. I do know the battery had an 80% charge last night and then wouldnt work this morning. Is the battery option even worth trying?

Mar 15, 2018 12:10 PM in response to rprentice84

That is why you should bring your iPad into your “local” Apple Store to have them do the free diagnostics, so Apple can determine if this is a failed battery issue or something more serious that you would need to replace it.

Did you ever pay to have 2 year extended AppleCare+ on this iPad and if yes, has AppleCare+ run out?

The reason I ask this is because if you had two year AppleCare+ and it was still in effect, a replacement, refurbished 9.7 inch iPad Pro would have only cost you $49 U.S.D..

iPad Pro 9.7 Start Up Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.