Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: RAM for 2011 iMac

Good afternoon everyone, thank you for taking the time to read my question.

The following article specifies what RAM is suitable for what iMac model: (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201191)

I have found the following RAM for my 2011, 27" iMac: https://www.centrecom.com.au/gskill-4g-ddr3-1333mhz-so-dimm-ram-for-mac

It looks to check most of the boxes but the description says it is RAM for a notebook. Every other parameter matches up and the vendors have said that it will work on my mac, but I am still not sure, so I am asking if anyone else her has experience with this.

Thank you very much.

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

iMacs use the same RAM as used in the laptops. The following is from OWC in the USA:

Maximum Memory 32 GB (Actual) 16 GB (Apple)
Memory Slots 4 - 204-pin PC3-10600 (1333 MHz) DDR3 SO-DIMM

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 14, 2018 5:57 PM in response to skypioneer In response to skypioneer

Even more extreme: Apple (still) claims 16 GB is maximum, but that limit was not imposed by the i7-2600 chip, the number of memory slots × maximum memory per stick, addressable memory, or OS limit. Heat could be a factor, but that is easily monitored through sensors. Thus 4×8 was tested, and it was found to run stable and be usable.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 14, 2018 5:57 PM in response to skypioneer In response to skypioneer

Even more extreme: Apple (still) claims 16 GB is maximum, but that limit was not imposed by the i7-2600 chip, the number of memory slots × maximum memory per stick, addressable memory, or OS limit. Heat could be a factor, but that is easily monitored through sensors. Thus 4×8 was tested, and it was found to run stable and be usable.

Mar 14, 2018 5:57 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: skypioneer

Question: RAM for 2011 iMac