Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All of my contacts have disappeared

Mid day today, I saw that all but a handful of my contacts have disappeared. I have a couple thousand contacts, and I do not sync them to iCloud as most of them are on my Exchange server. I have turned iCloud off and on, restarted my phone and have no idea what is going on. This morning they were there, and at lunch they all went away.

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 4:50 PM

3 replies

Mar 15, 2018 10:38 AM in response to laneefromboise

Hey laneefromboise,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're having issues with your contacts syncing to your Exchange account. I'll be happy to verify a few things with you that may help out.

Take a look at this article, specifically the steps below to make sure that Contacts is toggled on for your Exchange account:

Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

User uploaded file

Turn Contacts on or off for an account

Want to add or remove all of the contacts from an account that you already set up? Just turn Contacts on or off for that account:

1. Go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords.
  2. Tap the account that has contacts that you want to add or remove.
  3. To add contacts, turn on Contacts. To remove contacts, turn off Contacts, then tap Delete from My iPhone.

If your Contacts are toggled on already, let us know if you've contacted your Exchange administrator.

Mar 15, 2018 2:22 PM in response to laneefromboise

Hey Lanee,

Thanks for coming back with that information. Since multiple accounts appear to be affected, let's check the groups in the Contacts app. If you go to Contacts > Groups, do you see all of your accounts checked here?

If they're checked, the next step to take is to see if your iPhone has enough storage space to sync your contacts. Here's how to check your iPhone storage: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Keep us posted on what you find.

Enjoy your day.

All of my contacts have disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.