Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone Calender missing Invitees option

running iOS 11.2.6 on a iPhone 6S Plus. Since upgrading to this phone, I have not been able to “invite” people to my Apple Calender events - something I could do when running the same IOS on a iPhone 6.

Have tried searching for options to turn on/off in Settings/General, Settings/Mail, Settings/Contacts & Settings/Calender but can’t find anything.

any idea?

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 9:07 PM

kathleenfrommudgee wrote:

Is there a way to move the storage to hotmail so I can use the feature?

First of all, I have no personal knowledge about Hotmail's ability to issue invitations. But if it does, and you choose to use it, you would have to do something like the following:

• Go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords > [Your Hotmail account] ... and enable its Calendar capability there.
  • Move the events from your "On My iPhone" to your Hotmail calendar as described under "Move an event to another calendar" here: http://help.apple.com/iphone/11/#/iph3d1110d4
12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2018 9:07 PM in response to kathleenfrommudgee

kathleenfrommudgee wrote:

Is there a way to move the storage to hotmail so I can use the feature?

First of all, I have no personal knowledge about Hotmail's ability to issue invitations. But if it does, and you choose to use it, you would have to do something like the following:

• Go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords > [Your Hotmail account] ... and enable its Calendar capability there.
  • Move the events from your "On My iPhone" to your Hotmail calendar as described under "Move an event to another calendar" here: http://help.apple.com/iphone/11/#/iph3d1110d4

Mar 14, 2018 8:49 PM in response to kathleenfrommudgee

No, I don't mean where the application is housed. I mean where the data is housed.

Check Settings > Accounts & Passwords and note which accounts, if any, say "Calendar".

You might also open the Calendar app, tap "Calendars" in the bottom center, and look for a heading in the upper left indicating where the data is housed. There may be more than one such entry.

Mar 14, 2018 10:18 PM in response to kathleenfrommudgee

G;ad that helped! But I do have one more thought:

Perhaps your Hotmail calendar capability is already enabled, as you do show three Hotmail calendars in your screen shot from Calendar > Calendars (the Calendar app, after tapping "Calendars" at the bottom center).

So perhaps you need to tap "Add Calendar" that appears in the lower left of that screen shot (from the Calendar app) and simply add a calendar (or perhaps two - "Home" and "Work") to the Hotmail section.

Anyway, enjoy your Apple gear.

Iphone Calender missing Invitees option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.