Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How many projectors can I connect to my MacBook Pro 2016?

I can't find the specs of exactly how many external screens/projectors I can connect to my MBP 2016 (15 inch, 4 USB-C/TB3 outputs).

I would like to connect 3 WXGA (1280x800px) projectors and run these as separate outputs, can I do that? 2 seems to work fine, but before I buy another VGA-adapter I like to know if there is any idea?

Thanks

MacBook

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 3:58 PM

1 reply

Mar 15, 2018 7:59 AM in response to JoaPalmer

2nd Display Support: Dual/Mirroring* 2nd Max. Resolution: 4096x2304 (x4*)

Details: *In addition to simultaneous support of the internal display, this model supports a maximum resolution up to 4096x2304 at 60 Hz at over a billion colors on four external displays ortwo external displays at a maximum resolution up to 5120x2880 at 60 Hz at over a billion colors via Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C).

https://everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-i7-2.6-15- late-2016-retina-display-touch-bar-specs…

Video Support

Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:

• Up to two displays with 5120-by-2880 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors
  • Up to four displays with 4096-by-2304 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors

Thunderbolt 3 digital video output

• Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
  • VGA, HDMI, and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016) - Technical Specifications

Caution: use of more than TWO "legacy" display adapters requires the use of ACTIVE adapters. (VGA adapters are always active adapters.)

Your MacBook Pro may get HOT with so many displays active. Be alert to that possible problem.

How many projectors can I connect to my MacBook Pro 2016?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.