Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to keep recent photos from being removed from the device

I am currently traveling with on and off access to WiFi. I have an iPhone 7 with 28 GB of storage left (100/128GB of used storage). I take photos during the day and they are uploaded to iCloud Photo Library at night. Then the next day I want to look at them but they are all deleted from the device and can’t be re-downloaded because I don’t have cellular data. This affects even the 2nd or 3rd latest photo taken.

This is super annoying especially since my device has a lot of free storage left and I don’t need to have such recent photos removed.

By the way, in my first days on the trip I had roaming on and realized that I consumed 1.8gb of cellular data abroad, 1.6gb of which from Photos by downloading recent pictures (I had turned off uploading to iCloud on roaming and now I’ve turned off all Photos on roaming).

Is there a way to prevent x most recent photos taken or photos taken in past x days to stay on the device?

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 4:23 PM

There are no replies.

How to keep recent photos from being removed from the device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.