Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple TV and iTunes will not share

When I first set up my Apple TV, there was no problem. However, since the last few IOS updates, my Apple TV no longer responds to my computer. I get Error 5507. Anybody know what this is all about? It will no longer Home Share from iTunes, nor can I even get it to 'see' my computer.

Any ideas appreciated.

(really unhappy with Apple right now!)

Thanks,

Nancy

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 5:27 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Mar 15, 2018 2:24 PM in response to vazandrew

Yes, many times. It's as if I no longer have a computer that works with my Apple TV. No clue what/why/how this happened, but I don't trust Apple's IOS updates. The Apple TV is updated, as is my computer. But they do not communicate.

I get sent a 6-digit code, but nowhere on the Apple TV or my computer do I find anywhere to enter this code!

Anyone have any ideas? I'm out.

Thanks

Nancy

Mar 19, 2018 5:50 AM in response to vazandrew

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I’ve tried that both with and without a space between my Apple password and the code. Didn’t help. Can anyone think of anything else? I’d hate to continue locked out of my Apple TV which used to work just fine with this computer.

Does anyone have issues with IOS 10.10.5 (Yosemite)? I had to re-install it when the subsequent upgrade caused the loss of all my (5) printers.

ThaNos.

apple TV and iTunes will not share

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.