Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

just got a disabled iPhone 6 how do I undisable if I never synced it to my computer

I just got a disabled iPhone 6 from a friend never had one before how to undisable it

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 6:38 PM

18 replies

Mar 14, 2018 7:27 PM in response to Jackhubbart

Jackhubbart wrote:

And I will be mad as **** I played the person I got it from 800 dollars

In your initial post you said you got this from a friend. If your friend doesn’t know the AppleID to remove activation lock, presumably they’d at least refund your money?

It does beg the question why anyone would pay $800 for an iPhone 6. The going used rate from online sellers is about $200-$250 (e.g. gazelle.com).

Mar 14, 2018 7:36 PM in response to Jackhubbart

So did you buy it two years ago? If not, you got ripped off.

Why would you pay $800 for an iPhone that you are only going to use for games and texts?

Get a SIM (it doesn't have to be a working one) and if your friend did clear that phone properly you should be able to restore it as shown in that link. If instead it displays an Activation Lock screen you will need the original receipt for the iPhone from an Apple Store or authorized Apple reseller, a copy of the sales agreement selling it to you, a death certificate, and something from the Executor of the estate saying you are now the legal owner.

So how long have you been paying for it and how much of the $800 had you paid? Why didn't you have the phone before now?

just got a disabled iPhone 6 how do I undisable if I never synced it to my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.