Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Not getting space back after deleting something in transmission

Hello, I recently deleted a file in the transmission.app that took up 12GB. However after deleting it my storage space is still the same. Please Help.

iMac, Mid 2011

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 14, 2018 6:04 PM in response to SeanOfficial In response to SeanOfficial

SeanOfficial wrote:

Hello, I recently deleted a file in the transmission.app that took up 12GB. However after deleting it my storage space is still the same. Please Help.

transmission.app ? For third party software try their Support page.

Mar 14, 2018 6:04 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 15, 2018 3:24 AM in response to SeanOfficial In response to SeanOfficial

FWIW, Transmission is torrent client. Did you use "Remove From List…" or "Remove Data File…"? The latter deletes the file from your drive, the former doesn't. It sometimes takes a while for recovered storage to show in the Finder.

Mar 15, 2018 3:24 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 15, 2018 3:46 AM in response to SeanOfficial In response to SeanOfficial

So what did you do to delete the file.

In Transmission you are probably only deleting the torrent file which is usually a few kilobytes.

To delete the actual download, go to where ever you downloaded it to and delete in the usual manner, then empty the Trash.

Mar 15, 2018 3:46 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: SeanOfficial

Question: Not getting space back after deleting something in transmission