Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I buy an iPhone in cash?

I want to buy and iPhone 8 but I’m wondering if I can buy it in cash

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 5:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2018 4:45 PM

Chadical wrote:

Some might I think the Apple store does if I’m correct and you can call who you are with like AT&T or Verizon etc and ask if you can buy an iPhone with cash

An Apple Store will definitely take cash, although I've heard that big cash transactions may mean a manager and/or security guard is there. I think most transactions at Apple Stores are made with card readers these days. It's not like a Best Buy where they have a big cash register out there though.

I'm not sure if the OP is thinking about old reports that iPhones could only be purchased with credit cards to enforce limits. Apparently that was done in an attempt to reduce the number of iPhones that were purchased in order to gray market them. That was a long time ago though.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2018 4:45 PM in response to Chadical

Chadical wrote:

Some might I think the Apple store does if I’m correct and you can call who you are with like AT&T or Verizon etc and ask if you can buy an iPhone with cash

An Apple Store will definitely take cash, although I've heard that big cash transactions may mean a manager and/or security guard is there. I think most transactions at Apple Stores are made with card readers these days. It's not like a Best Buy where they have a big cash register out there though.

I'm not sure if the OP is thinking about old reports that iPhones could only be purchased with credit cards to enforce limits. Apparently that was done in an attempt to reduce the number of iPhones that were purchased in order to gray market them. That was a long time ago though.

Can I buy an iPhone in cash?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.