Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Apple TV 4K Dolby Vision/HDR no longer works on my receiver.

I have a Yamaha TSR-7810 and Vizio P65. The 4K Dolby Vision/HDR used to work, but now it doesn't. The Apple TV 4K connected to my receiver (which supports DV). Right now it can only play in 4K SDR. 1080P DV/HDR works too, but not 4K.

When I connect the Apple TV 4K to the TV, 4K DV works just fine. I also tested out my 4K Blu-Ray player (Oppo-203) which is connected to my receiver, and it is able to play 4K DV just fine as well. I've tried new cables and nothing works. My HDMI cables are compliant and I'm not sure what is going on. I've also tried both 4K modes on my receiver and nothing works. I've factory reset the Apple TV as well. Latest firmware on everything. Any ideas? I've looked at several different fixes and nothing works.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 27, 2018 5:33 AM in response to Jefft1314 In response to Jefft1314

Ridiculously, I can go into "other formats" and select 4k HDR 30hz, and it works fine. But the TV is 60hz on 4k, native, and I'd rather not change that. What the ****?

Mar 27, 2018 5:33 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 27, 2018 5:37 AM in response to Jefft1314 In response to Jefft1314

Pretty clearly, this new "try it now" thing the Apple TV introduced when you try to switch to 4k HDR 60hz is what's causing the problem. Give me the option to disable that nonsense and force the Apple TV into the proper video mode.

Mar 27, 2018 5:37 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 27, 2018 8:28 AM in response to Jefft1314 In response to Jefft1314

you're not addressing apple here this is a user helping users with tech questions if you want them to hear then posting here is like dropping a note on the floor in their store

Contact Apple Support

or

Feedback - Apple TV - Apple

Mar 27, 2018 8:28 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Phiizo

Question: Apple TV 4K Dolby Vision/HDR no longer works on my receiver.