Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2011 macbook pro running 10.3.3 High Sierra not compatible for airdrop with Iphone-X on 11.2.6 IOS

I have problem connecting airdrop between my two devices (2011 macbook pro & Iphone X) running IOS as i outlined above. Is anybody experiencing this same issue ?

Speaking with Apple Care person did not come out with any solution .. After 3 phone calls, with a no-success third final call doing a long troubleshooting (using "sharing screen' method), it came out to a conclusion :

>> "2011 Macbook Pro is not compatible to do airdrop with the Iphone X (latest phone IOS)" <<<

Really ???? .. After 3 phone calls and long trouble shooting ?? .. If it is a compatibility issue, It could have been informed on the first call, could it not ??

is there any work-around or solution to this issue ..??

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6, null

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 7:48 PM

2 replies

2011 macbook pro running 10.3.3 High Sierra not compatible for airdrop with Iphone-X on 11.2.6 IOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.