Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just got a new iPhone fives SE to replace my old 5S. When updating all of my data from the cloud but about half of my contacts have been a lemonade it from my phone. Why?

Contacts missing when upgrading fro 5S to 5SE. How do I recapture contacts

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 8:34 PM

1 reply

Mar 15, 2018 11:53 AM in response to jdolinger

Hi jdolinger!

I understand that you're missing contacts after upgrading to a new iPhone, and I'm happy to help. If you have an iCloud or iTunes backup of the old phone, you can try restoring a backup to the new device:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If you're still in possession of the old phone with all of its data present, you can back it up and use the instructions above to restore that backup to the device.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

It's possible that your contacts were synced with an email account that was on your old device. If that's the case, you can try adding that email account to the iPhone:

Set up an email account on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you were using iCloud to sync your contacts, these instructions may be helpful:

Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders

Cheers!

I just got a new iPhone fives SE to replace my old 5S. When updating all of my data from the cloud but about half of my contacts have been a lemonade it from my phone. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.