Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music videos will not screen on iMac

Lately music videos will not show on screen on imac 27. iPad works fine,

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 7:05 PM

5 replies

Mar 16, 2018 7:52 AM in response to progybear

Hey progybear,

Thanks for providing us with that information.

Let's go ahead and deauthorize and authorize iTunes with your Mac:

Deauthorize your computer using iTunes - Apple Support

To authorize after deauthorizing, let's use these specific steps:

After you deauthorize

Reauthorize each computer that you want to use with iTunes:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > Authorizations > Authorize This Computer.
  3. Enter your Apple ID and password.
  4. Click Authorize.
Let us know if this helps! Cheers!

Mar 15, 2018 1:02 PM in response to progybear

Hey progybear,

I understand you're having an issue viewing music videos on your iMac. I'd be happy to provide some assistance with that.

Let's take a look and see if your iTunes is up-to-date following the steps here: Update to the latest version of iTunes - Apple Support
Also review the steps that are in this article, as these may help as well: If you can‘t stream or watch video content from the iTunes Store or third-party apps - Apple Support
To help isolate the issue, can you tell us what happens when you try to view a music video? If you're not using iTunes, let us know how you're trying to view a video.
Take care!

Mar 16, 2018 7:58 AM in response to DanielleM182

Thank you for responding so quickly. Here is the equipment I am running all up to date including running first-aid just now. Music videos play the audio of the songs but not the video on the screen. They work fine on iPad plus,iphone 6 & apple TV. iMac 27 has the best screen for viewing. It's not a big deal & I am sure it will correct itself

over time. A note-videos play on quick time 7 in the finder file.
***User uploaded file

[Image Edited by Host to Remove Serial Number]

music videos will not screen on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.