Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Meaning? "New settings are available. Would you like to update them now?"

After just updating my iPhone 7 to iOS 11.2.6, I get the following message periodically on my screen: "New settings are available. Would you like to update them now?"

Choices: Not Now OR Update

Question: What does this mean--1) that it automatically transfers existing settings OR 2) that you can update selected settings manually, one by one? I don't want to have to take a lot of time to manually update all my settings. So I've selected "Not Now" for now until I can get an answer to my question. Thank you.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Thank you. I appreciate the quick replies.

Larry

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 14, 2018 7:41 PM in response to lmlesser In response to lmlesser

I would just let the update go through. Carrier updates often include things like improved roaming partner lists, better connection speeds, improved cell tower handoffs (when your moving and talking on the phone), etc. They never take more than a minute or so at most to complete.

Mar 14, 2018 7:41 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: lmlesser

Question: Meaning? "New settings are available. Would you like to update them now?"