Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Can you run OS X 10.10 on MacBook Pro 2018?

Hi all,

It would probably sounds strange to you, but as electronic musician I find OSX 10.10 quite lightweight and reliable. At the moment I use a 2015 MBP, it actually is my second one as the first got stolen. When the new one arrived it had macOS Sierra (which also runs on my girlfriend's mac) installed and I quickly realised it was a completely different environment (and much more buggy too), so I reinstalled OSX 10.10 from my time machine backup. By the way, this means that it's not true that you can't install an OS older than the one your mac shipped with.

Therefore, you think there's any chance to install OSX 10.10 on a newer, say 2018 MBP?

Thanks Marco

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Even if a specific Mac ships with an OS newer than the original one for that model, the earliest OS that can be installed on it is the same.

(158687)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 14, 2018 7:46 PM in response to traitdunion In response to traitdunion

There is yet to be a 2018 MBP so we cannot answer for it. Nevertheless, it's almost certain that no recent Mac is generally able to run an OS version preceding the one pre-installed when the computer is new. This would be true for the 2017 models, and probably true for a 2018 model.

Mar 14, 2018 7:46 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 14, 2018 7:55 PM in response to Niel In response to Niel

Interesting, as the second MBP 2015 was sold as definitely *new* (package, sealing, price, etc.) from here: https://www.notebooksbilliger.de

Where does the upgrade take place, in the apple factories? in the retailer shop?

Anyway thanks for your reply

Mar 14, 2018 7:55 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: traitdunion

Question: Can you run OS X 10.10 on MacBook Pro 2018?