Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Relink to proxies in backup library

I replaced a camera angle in a multicam project and it screwed up all the edits in the project. I have a back up version of the library from earlier tonight, so I loaded it, but all the links to the proxies are missing. I saw the suggestion to retranscode, but the proxies are in the original library. Will it see them there or will it actually retranscode all the videos?

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), 2.5 gHz model i7 mid 2015 16gb ram

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Just select your clips and recreate the proxies from scratch. You'd have it done already, and you'd be on your way. If proxies were made already and lost their link, you can't relink them, just recreate them. It's fast, easy, and old copies get deleted.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 14, 2018 10:09 PM in response to G. Ewald In response to G. Ewald

I tried moving the project from the backup to the original library, but that didn't work. It's very small compared to the original project. Is it complete?

Mar 14, 2018 10:09 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Mar 15, 2018 5:47 AM in response to G. Ewald In response to G. Ewald

Just select your clips and recreate the proxies from scratch. You'd have it done already, and you'd be on your way. If proxies were made already and lost their link, you can't relink them, just recreate them. It's fast, easy, and old copies get deleted.

Mar 15, 2018 5:47 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 15, 2018 11:08 AM in response to BenB In response to BenB

Thanks. It did take a long time (7 one hour camera feeds), but better than the constant stutters and audio dropouts I get working with the actual video files.

Now to figure out how to move the backed up project into the main library. Doesn't seem as intuitive as I'd expect.

Mar 15, 2018 11:08 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 15, 2018 11:14 AM in response to G. Ewald In response to G. Ewald

Found the tip to look in the file menu for the Move Project option. Now to see if it finds the proxies in that library on its own. Can't check until I'm done sharing two big files.

Mar 15, 2018 11:14 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: G. Ewald

Question: Relink to proxies in backup library