Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't sync my iPhone 8 to iTunes

When I plug my phone into my HP computer and it brings up iTunes, I can't sync, transfer purchases, or backup my phone. Those options are grayed out. I've been able to always do so in the past, but it hasn't allowed me to for the last 1.5 mos.

iPhone 8, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 7:49 PM

1 reply

Mar 15, 2018 8:16 AM in response to BakeretteJen

Good afternoon BakeretteJen,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I see you're having an issue with options grayed out in iTunes while your iPhone is connected. I'd be happy to provide troubleshooting assistance with this behavior.

Take a look at the following resource:

If your iTunes backup couldn‘t be completed or you can‘t restore from a backup

These steps may help:

Try again after each step

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable, then select your device in iTunes. If your device doesn't appear in iTunes, you need to fix that issue before you can continue. Or, if you forgot your passcode or your device is disabled, learn what to do.
  3. Turn off both your computer and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Then turn them on again.
  4. If you use a Mac, skip this step. If you use a Windows PC and iTunes won't respond or your backup never finishes, you might need to update, change, disable, or uninstall your security software.
  5. If you own more than one computer, try to make a backup on your other Mac or PC. Or, use iCloud to back up your device and restore from your iCloud backup.
  6. If you see an alert that says an error occurred, your backup is corrupt or incompatible, or there's not enough disk space, find your error message below to learn what to do next.
  7. Contact Apple Support.
Cheers!

I can't sync my iPhone 8 to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.