Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will the iPhone X support stereo Bluetooth speakers?

Stereo through 2 separate speakers connected over Bluetooth is supposed to be part of Bluetooth 5.0, as supplied on the iPhone X.

I have bought a pair of standalone Bluetooth speakers, assured they will do Stereo, and they do, but only on Android. The speaker manufacturer (Sony) did not tell me this, and I can find no mention of it with Apple.

What happens is that both speakers can be connected, but only one plays. Under Android, apparently there is an extra set of controls to specify right/left, etc.

To be clear, I don’t want to use cables, because the speakers are in a Clinic environment where cable would be a nuisance, and possibly illegal under WH&S.

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 8:00 PM

2 replies

Mar 18, 2018 5:47 PM in response to Snnsx

This is a user-to-user technical support forum, it is not a way to contact Apple. Usually when a question goes unanswered for 4 days it means that there are no users who know the answer, which is preferable to having people who don't know make wild guesses. Use the Contact Support link at the top of this page to communicate with Apple directly.

Will the iPhone X support stereo Bluetooth speakers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.