Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes shared account is it really on the computer

I erased my hard drive on my old imac (2007) in prepartion for donating it. I wanted to make sure all my data was gone so I reinstalled the operating system. Everything looks to have been deleted, but when I open itunes, there is a link to a shared library with my name on it. Is this something that the computer is finding through wifi? Is the shared library really on the old imac or will it disappear if the imac is removed from my house and wifi network?

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 9:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 9:54 PM

The shared library is on your new Mac and you have music sharing activated for users on the same network as you. Once you get the old computer off that network all should be okay.

Share your iTunes library over your home network - Apple Support - https://support.apple.com/HT201779

Music Sharing

Music Sharing allows you to stream music to other Macs or PCs on your network using iTunes. You must have iTunes open on your computer for other people to see your shared library and playlists. If you don't put a password on your shared iTunes library, anyone on your network can see your iTunes library, the library name, and its contents. Sharing is for personal use and only works with computers on the same home network with Digital Rights Management (DRM) free content.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2018 9:54 PM in response to jen83112

The shared library is on your new Mac and you have music sharing activated for users on the same network as you. Once you get the old computer off that network all should be okay.

Share your iTunes library over your home network - Apple Support - https://support.apple.com/HT201779

Music Sharing

Music Sharing allows you to stream music to other Macs or PCs on your network using iTunes. You must have iTunes open on your computer for other people to see your shared library and playlists. If you don't put a password on your shared iTunes library, anyone on your network can see your iTunes library, the library name, and its contents. Sharing is for personal use and only works with computers on the same home network with Digital Rights Management (DRM) free content.

Itunes shared account is it really on the computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.