Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3rd party BT in car

In thread 7937448 a user asked how to use "parked car" with 3rd party bluetooth device.

There was a reply suggesting changing name of device to "My Car".

I cannot figure out how to change the name of my BT device on iPhone X from it's default name to "My Car"

I have set my iPhone settings according to Apple's info to locate a Parked Car.

My vehicle is a 2006 GMC, there was no Car Play back then. The BT device I have installed takes the place of the unused OnStar device in my vehicle. My BT device allows me to use hands free on steering wheel. It probably does other stuff too but I don't use that. I'm only interested in the hands free option of answering the phone.

Is changing the name in order to allow the ability to find a parked car even possible? There was no reply in the above mentioned thread that changing the name worked or not.

I see that BT names can be changed in macos but nothing about ios.

Various sites I have read say it works with BT devices, it does not say "Car Play" only devices. Seems like it should work with any BT device.

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 9:26 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

3rd party BT in car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.