Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hacked Apple id

hi i use two email addresses. I have registered my apple id with my gmail account. i just found a few emails in my junk mail on my hotmail account about purchases being made in the app store. some1 els is using my email to make an appleid how do i fix this issue? I don’t want someone else using an Apple ID on my email address!!

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 12:17 AM

1 reply

Mar 15, 2018 7:37 AM in response to momzii7

Are you sure the message is legitimate? Does it contain a link for you to sign in somewhere? It may be a scam.

Apple will always address you by your name or the name they have on file for you and the e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment.

reportphishing@apple.com

Hacked Apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.