Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kernel Panic problems?

Hello everyone,

I got a 2010 iMac (1TB, 3.2GHz, i3 Intel Core, 4GB Memory, was running macOS Sierra 10.12.6), about a year ago, and I started having Kernel Panics about 6 months ago. Over the past two days, I had some HUGE problems with the computer restarting every thirty seconds. I was on macOS Sierra.

I read a bunch of these communities, ended up resetting RAM, SMC and doing Disk First Aid, but none of these worked.

This afternoon I was on the phone to Apple Support, and we ended up reinstalling macOS. This completely fixed the problem. I am now upgrading to macOS High Sierra, just to stay on the safe side. Thank you to Apple Support for the help, because I would be doomed if the computer was broken. I was hesitant about calling Apple Support at first, as I thought I would be stuck on the line for hours, so I scheduled this appointment. I got the phone call only seven minutes after scheduled time, and I was only on hold for two minutes before I was talked to.

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 2:12 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Kernel Panic problems?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.