Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have an old iCloud email and pw and a new iTunes email pw on the same ipad 2. How do I get rid of the old one?

Have an old iCloud email and pw and a new iTunes email pw on the same ipad 2. How do I get rid of the old one?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 12:02 AM

3 replies

Mar 19, 2018 11:55 AM in response to Aldorro

Hi Aldorro!

Thank you for clarifying your issue further. You should be able to resolve this by following these instructions:

Change your Apple ID temporarily

Use these steps to change your Apple ID temporarily:

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  2. Click Edit in the Account section, then click Change Email Address.
  3. Change your Apple ID to the email address that iCloud is asking you to sign in with.
  4. Sign out of your account page.

Then sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Tap Settings > iCloud on your iOS device.
  2. Scroll down and tap Sign Out, then tap Sign Out to confirm. If you're using iOS 7 or earlier, tap Delete Account, then tap Delete to confirm.
  3. Tap Keep on My [Device] or Delete from My [Device], and enter the password for your Apple ID. Your data remains in iCloud, and is updated on your device when you sign in to iCloud again.
  4. If you're signed in on more than one device with this Apple ID, repeat steps 1-3 on each device.
  5. Go to your Apple ID account page, and sign in again.
  6. Change your Apple ID to the email address that you want to use. You'll need to verify the email address.
  7. Tap Settings > iCloud on your iOS device, and sign in with your new Apple ID.

If these steps don’t work, change your Apple ID temporarily again. Then sign back in to your Apple ID account page to make sure that your Apple ID was changed.

If iCloud asks for the password to your previous Apple ID

Cheers!

Mar 15, 2018 1:03 PM in response to Aldorro

Hi Aldorro!

It looks like no one has responded to your question. Here are a couple things that might help others answer your question:

1. Where exactly are you seeing the different email addresses on the iPad?

2. Do you have more than one account, or did you only change the email address associated with your account?

Cheers!

Mar 16, 2018 1:37 AM in response to MoonJ.

In i Cloud my old email address shows and keeps asking me for the password. I have put in the one I used to use but it must have been changed as it isn't accepted.

iTunes and App store has all my new email and password and that is fine.

I have been to i Cloud and logged in and looked up my old email address but it says that the address doesn't exist.

I want to remove the old email reference and have my login the same for I Cloud and I Tunes as it is on my other devices.

I want to return my i pad to factory settings so I can dispose of it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.