Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i set up my apple trackpad without a mouse

I have just bought an imac. It came only with a keyboard. I bought a Bluetooth trackpad to run with it instead of a mouse. I can't get it to pair

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 12:41 AM

11 replies

Mar 15, 2018 12:49 AM in response to Edwardvanson

Hello Edward.

I took this from Google. More to show you how you can use Google as well as our Apple communities.

1. Reboot your iMac by holding down the iMac power button to shut down, then pressing again to start up.

2. While iMac is rebooting, hold the power button on the trackpad down until it flashes green (discovery mode - two short flashes, repeated).

3. Wait for iMac to finish rebooting. A minute or so later, the bluetooth set up assistant should automatically appear (your trackpad is now connected).

4. Trackpad should auto connect, enabling you to click the appropriate confirmation/agreement notices to complete the bluetooth setup assistant steps.

Mar 16, 2018 1:51 AM in response to Edwardvanson

Edwardvanson wrote:

ive contacted apple help and their senior tech said there is no way to connect an apple track pad 1 with an imac without a mouse. so there you go, i bought a mouse.. 🙂

Just goes to show you even Apple senior techs can be wrong. 😎

I pulled mine out of a drawer and had no trouble connecting it.

Turned it on, a dialog box opens and says there is a connection request. I press return, and tada, all connected.

Enjoy your new mouse though.

how do i set up my apple trackpad without a mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.