Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: what do i need to do before upgrading from mac os yosemite to mac os high sierra?

i want to upgrade my os from yosemite to high sierra? good idea? what steps do i need to take first and am i likely to lose any thing my mac if i do?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Follow Apple's upgrade instructions, here: Upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Official Apple Support.

You might also find the following useful, which describes the practice I have observed for many years: Upgrading macOS without fear.

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Apple Recommended

Mar 15, 2018 12:05 PM in response to awusiq In response to awusiq

Follow Apple's upgrade instructions, here: Upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Official Apple Support.

You might also find the following useful, which describes the practice I have observed for many years: Upgrading macOS without fear.

Mar 15, 2018 12:05 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: awusiq

Question: what do i need to do before upgrading from mac os yosemite to mac os high sierra?