Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet suddenly slowed right down

Hi,

I have a macbook pro from late 2013. The internet access has suddenly slowed right down - I have had this problem before and I found some instructions that told me to delete certain files which worked a treat last time, but of course I cannot find those instructions now. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

Rebecca

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 3:16 AM

1 reply

Mar 15, 2018 3:24 AM in response to bexward

I had a similar problem. After some time the connection speed from the MacBook to the router (WiFi) dropped dramatically. Using the 'ping' utility on the command line it showed a lot of dropped packets. Restarting the MacBook only did the trick for some hours/days.

I found out that the 3rd-party program 'Android File Transfer' was the culprit. After deleting it, everythin is fine, again

If you do not use this program, try restarting your Mac. Else, try restarting the router. If this fails, too, then try out an ethernet connector and see if the problem is still persisting.

Also, it doesn't hurt to check if the drop in speed is also present when using resources on your local network (try browsing the web page of your router, for example). If so, it is definitely your WiFi, and not your outbound connection.

Internet suddenly slowed right down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.